You can discuss what each letter stands for. The 10 Commandments are:
1. I am the Lord your God, who has brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
2. You shall have no other gods beside Me. You shall not make for yourself any carved idol, or any likeness of any thing... you shall not bow down to them, nor serve them...
3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain...
4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shall you labor and do all your work; but the seventh day is a sabbath to God... For in six days God made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore God blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it.
5. Honor your father and your mother...
6. You shall not murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery.
8. You shall not steal.
9. You shall not bear false witness against your fellow.
10. You shall not covet...anything that is your fellow's.
Plaster of Paris
Disposable plastic container and spoon
Wood cutting board
2 empty 48 oz. (1.41 L) ice cream container lids
Make sure that your ice cream container lids are clean and dry.
Wear the rubber gloves and dust mask.
Wrap the wood cutting board and ice cream container lids with plastic wrap to prevent the plaster from sticking to them.
Place the ice cream container lids on the wood cutting board on a level surface.
Mix the plaster of Paris and water in the plastic bowl with the plastic spoon according to the instructions on the package.
Pour the plaster of Paris into your molds.
Dispose of the plastic container and spoon in the trash.
Wait for the plaster to set. Remove the hardened plaster from the mold.
Use the pencil to draw the first 5 letters of the Aleph Bet on the first tablet, and the next five letters on the second tablet. You can trace the letters from this template:
Use carving tools to carve out your letters.
Color the letters in with the acrylic paint.